Marriage Coaching is Different than Marriage Counseling
Marriage is not only about who you are now. It is about how you change together as a couple, navigating life’s transitions and learning more about your strengths, heart’s desires, emotions, triggers, and temperaments.
While marriage counseling works well on how the past effects the present, and untangling emotional and communication complications – marriage coaching is focused on learning to move from the present into a future together.
Marriage coaching is at it’s most helpful when couples are going through passage in their family, during transitions in each partner’s career, and when new purpose and fresh passion is needs to arise. Or perhaps the couple is struggling to maintain their mutual support given the demands of their jobs, and they need guidance to retrain themselves to make each other a priority while still achieving a work/life balance.
My marriage coaching is focused on learning to move from the present into a future together.
During and after marriage coaching, couples:
- Develop new pictures and purpose for their future together.
- Understand each other’s perspective.
- Exhibit more genuine affection towards each other.
- Become fans and respecters of each other’s strengths and differences.
- Develop patterns of joint perseverance in crisis.
- Become unafraid of truth and personal growth.
- Learn how to solve problems and make decisions as a team.
- Recognize triggers and practice new ways of listening.
- Know how and when to stoke the fires and move towards what the heart desires.
Marriages can discover “we “ core beliefs, goals and routines, and develop habits that sustain good relationships, and picture and plan a future together – especially important when they know they are losing their vision of the future in their relationship.
Marriage at Work – Powerful Partnerships
There are few places where a couple encounters more stress, but also more positive fulfillment, than when working together. Whether it’s within a corporate team, or on their own start-up or family business, the relational, communication and management skills of any marriage are tested in fire.
I work with couples that intuitively know that they can use the hard times to develop a more fulfilling partnership, discover fresh faith in their marriage, and redesign their future. The truest meaning of marriage emerges in these times. Through coaching, we work on developing many relevant skills and simple tools:
- Develop fresh vision for work, and know their own roles in fulfilling it.
- Keep their hearts front-and-center amidst the pressures of their workplace.
- Learn to express their true feelings while honoring each other.
- Develop new listening and language patterns that support one another.
- Understand and find common, and clearer purposes as a couple.
- Find and reach agreeable mutual goals that are interesting and compelling.
- Become aware of each other’s and their own emotional triggers at work.
- Understand each other’s strengths, and how to leverage them in a dynamic fashion that inspires others.
All my marriage coaching services take place in person, conference phone, FaceTime, or Skype at the preference of the couple. I support couples in both the Greater Sacramento area and the North San Francisco Bay Area, including Novato, Sausalito, and Petaluma – surrounding my two service areas.
Marriage coaching can be both an important element of family stability or strengthening a work relationship. Let’s meet, get to know each other, and discuss what road is ahead. Please call me today at 916-768-0072, or fill out the form and let’s connect soon.